The national Bank of Ukraine (NBU) has developed draft amendments to some normative acts pursuant to the requirements of the laws on electronic trust services and protection of the rights of the child.
NBU to oblige banks to report accounts of child support debtors
This reports the press service of the NBU, reports Biznestsentr.
Thus, the law introduced new types of electronic signature – qualified electronic signature and advanced electronic signature.
Also, the law on the protection of the rights of the child amendments to the legislation under which banks are required to open or close the accounts of individuals to check information about entering information in the Unified register of debtors alimony, and in the presence of such information report such accounts to the state enforcement authorities or private actors.
In particular, the project rules on the following:
- the use of electronic signatures in electronic documents (including electronic payment documents);
- obliging banks to send messages to the state law enforcement bodies or private actors about the opening and closing of accounts – individuals, information about which is entered in the Unified register of debtors;
- the abolition of the rule concerning the submission to the Bank card with samples of signatures of the physical persons-entrepreneurs/natural persons engaged in independent professional activity/physical persons-non-residents - investors;
- granting the right of authorised employee of the Bank to verify the authorization of a natural person-entrepreneur on the disposal of its current expense of the Trustees, if such authorization is in the Bank (in the presence of the account owner and agents);
- use of the account of conditional storage (escrow) in the implementation of operations on purchase and sale of real estate;
- granting the right to enroll in the national currency on the current account of the physical person-the nonresident received on the territory of Ukraine with imported in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine electronic means of payment issued by the Bank-non-resident via ATM/payment terminal of the authorized Bank.
The project proposes to amend the Instruction on the procedure of opening, use and closing of accounts in national and foreign currencies, regulations on the exercise of the banks of Deposit (Deposit) operations with legal entities and individuals, the Instruction about clearing settlements in Ukraine in national currency.
See also: the DOJ reported a decline in the number of child support debtors. INFOGRAPHICS
As reported, in July, President Petro Poroshenko signed the law on strengthening of responsibility in the failure to pay child support.
The document introduces changes to existing legislation, which protects children's rights and their adequate financial security especially those who are brought up in single-parent families.
The law provides features of the impact on debtors who have arrears in the payment of alimony for maintenance of children with disabilities and children who have certain serious diseases, given that the late payment of child support has a particularly negative consequences for children from this vulnerable category.
See comments →